Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cast OFF

Chloe got her cast off on September 2nd and it was such a great day for us!!  We were so happy to hear that everything was well and to see her cute little legs again.  The doctors say she is doing very well and she has been on the move even faster now that the cast is gone.  Chloe also got a front loading car seat which she loves.  We had a little cast off party when we got home from the hospital and I made a cupcake cake of her cast but I didn't have time to put details on it, but what the heck it was my first attempt at one.  We feel so blessed to have Chloe in our lives and we are so happy that things are going so great with her.  She is the most mellow little girl I have ever know.  She didn't even seem to know or mind that she had this huge cast on and couldn't do a lot of things.  Especially since she is not talking, I know that cast had to be very uncomfortable or itchy, but she never complained.  She just had her cute smile on her face the whole time.
Wondering where her cast is.
Pink is of course the cast, but the white is her diaper and the brown around represents the mole skin we had to keep around the diaper area.  It's a stretch but you get the picture.

5 comments:

Haslams said...

That cake that awesome! I know you tried to explain it to me but I guess I didn't get the whole picture! I love it! Especially for a first attempt-- way to go!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Those cupcakes look so delicious. I knew what it was, no explanation necessary. Well done! Hooray for Chloe getting her cast off, now she is ready to start wreaking havoc. Watch out, those little ones can be very tricky! :)

Lisa said...

That is such a great idea to have a cast off party, and the cupcake cast is great. I'm glad you said that the brown was the mole skin other wise I would have thought it was something a little smellier.

Chelsea and Johnny said...

What a great idea Melissa! I love the cupcakes. Hooray for Chloe. She must not know what to do with herself now with all of this new found freedom. I hope she's having a blast.

PinkJen said...

The cupcakes turned out awesome what a great idea, they came out cute...... What great memories you are making for her the family. I am sure she will LOVE her new freedom. I love the pictures with her looking at her legs wondering were it went